Fall 2013 diversity highlights
The College of Technology’s diversity initiatives for Fall 2013 semester went very well. The college experienced some firsts and some significant diversity successes. In addition to what you’ll see throughout the newsletter, these included:
- The STEM Academic Boot Camp had 26 Technology participants, the most we have ever had. All the students who participated have returned for the second semester.
- The number of women Presidential Scholars in the college increased significantly.
- The WOWiT program for high school women attracted 40 students and parents to campus.
- The inaugural CLAIMiT (Communicating Leadership and Advancing Innovation for Minorities in Technology) program for high school underrepresented minority students took place in November with 30 students and parents in attendance.
- The College of Technology leads the University in the percentage of enrolled African-American students.