Meet the six BCM Ph.D. students
2012-13 Building Construction Management doctoral students:
- Yunfeng Chen is from from Quanzhou, Fujian province, China. Her undergraduate degree is in business management, and her master’s degree is in management science and engineering. Yunfeng’s dissertation topic is “Measurement Models of Building Information Modeling Maturity.”
- Eric Holt is from West Lafayette, Indiana. He earned his bachelor’s and master’s degrees at Purdue in the Department of Building Construction Management. His dissertation topic is “The Learning Styles, Approaches to Learning, and Intellectual Development of Construction Management Students.”
- Qian Huang is from Tianjin, China. Her bachelor’s and master’s degrees are from Nankai University Law School. Qian’s dissertation topic is “Information Technology for Sustainability, Wireless Sensor Network for Smart Building and Construction Contracts.”
- Jing Pan is from Tianjin, China. Her bachelor’s degree is in construction management, and her master’s degree is in economics. Jing’s dissertation topics are “Trust Dynamics in Disaster/Insurance Restoration Industry to Solve the ‘Restoration Triangle’ Issues” and “Social Media Marketing Adoption Pattern and Effectiveness Measurement Model in Disaster/Insurance Restoration Industry.”
- Steve Schaffner is from Raleigh, N.C., and claims Fort Wayne, Ind., as his hometown. His undergraduate and master’s degrees are from Purdue and the Department of Building Construction Management department. Steve’s dissertation topic is “Can Leadership be Taught to Undergraduate Student Using Problem-Based Learning?”.
- Guangyuan Zhao