Purdue EcoMakers wins six awards in first year of EcoCAR 2
Written by TechPurdue // May 24, 2012 // Admitted Students, Alumni & Friends, Business & Industry, Current Students, Faculty & Staff, Latest College News, Mechanical Engineering Technology // No comments
The Purdue EcoMakers team received six awards during the the EcoCAR 2 Year One Competition in Los Angeles May 18-23, 2012.
The first year of the three-year competition focused on student plans for their advanced vehicle architectures using modeling and simulation. The competing teams participated in a trade show and delivered numerous presentations to judges during the competition.
The Purdue team’s awards included:
- First in the Winter Workshop’s Hardware In the Loop (HIL) Evaluation
- Second in Controls Presentation
- Second in Freescale Innovation Award
- Third in the Year One HIL Evaluation
- Third in the dSpace Embedded Success Award for demonstrating the most effective use of dSPACE Hardware In the Loop equipment
- First in the Women In Engineering Award
Each of the award included cash prizes.
With the first year is complete, the teams await the delivery of their 2013 Chevrolet Malibus later this summer. Year two of the competition will focus on turning team designs into functioning prototypes.
Find out more about the EcoCAR 2 competition, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy and GM.