Bringing the Midwest to our nation’s capital
The INhome team has successfully brought the Midwest to Washington, D.C. … literally. The truck arrived today mid day and is now currently starting the building process on site at the National Mall. Our team, although having a rather long trip to Washington, is excited to begin the competition.
Recap since beginning of trip on Monday, September 12th 2011:
- Shuttle bus arrived on site at 7am to load students
- Teammates worked on homework, watched movies and excitedly talked about the Solar Decathlon on a 12 hour bus ride
- Trucks carrying the major cores of the home had 5 flat tires between West Lafayette, IN and Washington, D.C.
- Tool trailer had 2 flat tires simultaneously
- Team and the INhome arrived safely by noon on September 13th
- Site seeing occurred
- All 19 teams gatheredat the U.S. Department of Energy building for registration, dinner and first meeting of competition
- Purdue team wished all the teams good luck and reminded everyone to “Boiler UP!”
- Assembly began at 11pm, September 13th.
- Work continued throughout the night
What’s next for the INhome team?
- Working on site from 11pm-9am September 13th/14th
- All team meeting at 9am on site
- Construction continues throughout the day/night until September 22nd, 2011
”Boiler Up! Hammer Down!’
“I can’t wait to actually step foot on site, that’s when the real fun begins!”
“It’s as if it’s the night before Christmas and Santa couldn’t come any sooner”
“Everyone will know about Purdue University once we’re done here!”