Alumni Day at the Zoo

Written by  //  July 25, 2011  //  Alumni  //  No comments

Alumni Day at the Zoo

I had a really good meeting last week with the Alumni Board for the College of Technology. These dedicated alumni and faculty are working hard to improve alumni relations, and they have a deep commitment to our programs in the College of Technology. During the meeting I talked about some of my thoughts regarding the future of the college and where I saw the Alumni Board’s work contributing to our success going forward. We discussed a number of areas where I thought they could help, and I expressed my desire to help them to be successful. Overall, it was a very good meeting and alumni of our programs should be seeing outcomes of the meeting that will improve what is offered through the alumni association.

One new event that I encourage you to attend if you are in the Midwest is Alumni Day at the Zoo. This event is scheduled for Saturday, August 20, 2011, at the Indianapolis Zoo. Check-in is between 9 and 10 a.m. with discounted admission for alumni and families. I will be saying a few words about my aspirations for the College of Technology later in the day. You can find out more about this event on its web page.

I hope you will make an effort to attend this event sponsored by your Alumni Board.