Welcome to the Class of 2015

Written by  //  June 17, 2011  //  Students  //  1 Comment

My name is Gary Bertoline, and I am the newest dean of Purdue’s College of Technology. I officially start my job July 1, so you and I will be experiencing a lot of firsts together during 2011-12.

It is my responsibility as dean to move the college forward as we continue to prepare students to be technologists in the 21st century. With hard work and strategic thinking, the college will continue to be a national leader in technology, to graduate well-prepared technology students, and to contribute to the solution of the nation’s most pressing needs.

Your success, and the success of your classmates, is very important to me. I will be working with faculty and staff during my first year to ensure that you have access to programs and personnel that provide the best learning environment. I also plan to make myself available to students through meetings and informal gatherings during the year.

I look forward to seeing you this fall as you and I both start new chapters in our lives. If you want to know more about my vision for the college before you get to campus, check out this link [http://www.tech.purdue.edu/dean/documents/Bertoline-presentation.pdf]. You can also come back to this blog as I post my experiences as dean, my perspectives on technology, and share the many ways we are staying on the forefront of technology education and innovation.

Welcome to the College of Technology, and Hail Purdue!

Gary Bertoline
Dean, College of Technology
Purdue University

One Comment on "Welcome to the Class of 2015"

1. Hershel Bleyl December 15, 2011 at 6:37 am · Reply

Great post, I believe people should learn a lot from this blog its very user genial. So much superb information on here :D .